Want to spend less on motorcycle insurance?
Click below to compare quotes.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. When you buy through links on this website, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As a motorcycle owner, you’re constantly looking for ways to improve your ride and your driving experience.
You already invested in the basic motorcycle accessories like your LED lights, windshield and luggage, but you still want to take your experience further by adding music to the equation.
A motorcycle fairing speaker system is one of the most popular accessories for bikers around the world—and for good reason.
Just imagine driving around the countryside on a sunny day while your favorite road trip tunes blast from your fairing speaker system.
You can even use your speakers to spice up your otherwise boring camping trips. Investing in good quality fairing speakers can really take you a long way, especially if you choose the right product for your motorcycle.
Top 5 Motorcycle Fairing Speakers
Since choosing the best motorcycle fairing speakers can easily become overwhelming, especially with all the options you have, we rounded up five of the best products on the market today.
1. Hoppe Quadzilla Fiberglass Fairing HDF-RK
At more than a thousand dollars, the Hoppe Quadzilla Fiberglass Fairing is one of the more expensive options on the market, but every penny you spend on it is guaranteed to be worth it.
What you’re getting:
- It’s an all-in-one product that will serve as your batwing fairing and music system. This means that you can enjoy good music and protect your engine at the same time.
- The speakers are designed to give out the best audio quality. It is made from fiberglass, which is a known material for its strength and durability, so you can guarantee that this speaker system will last long.
- The speaker’s outer body is painted with a gel coat black finish to make it fit almost every motorcycle body type. You also have the option to paint it any color you like.
- The system includes four pre-wired speakers and a removable faceplate for the CD drive. You also have the option to install an auxiliary wire if needed.
- The speaker plays AM, FM and Eclipse radio. It also has a CD and USB drive that can be used as a music source.
- The dimensions of the entire system and batwing fairing are 18x20x46 inches and it weights 33.8 pounds.
2. J&M Rokker Series XT Lower Fairing Speaker Kit
Designed specifically for Harley Davidson motorcycles, the J&M Rokker Series XT lower fairing speaker kit is a much cheaper option if you’re working on a budget, but it doesn’t fall short on quality.
What you’re getting:
- The speakers are made from durable yet lightweight polycarbonate material and include two waterproof injected driver cones.
- Its speakers measure only 7.25 inches in diameter but are still powerful despite their size.
- Designed with the Harley in mind, the speaker system’s lower fairing housing has been molded specifically for the vented Harley Davidson lower fairing shells including the speakers.
- The speakers come with an efficient cooling system to make sure they don’t overheat.
3. Hogtunes Inc. Memphis Shades Batwing Speaker System
For it’s price, you’re really getting excellent value with the Hogtunes Inc. Memphis Shades batwing speaker system.
What you’re getting:
- The speaker system weights around 5.7 pounds with dimensions of 14×710 inches. It’s pretty lightweight but packed with great features.
- It comes in black finish so it matches well with almost any type of motorcycle color or model.
- The speaker system features two 4.25” custom speakers that comes with a 50-watt amplifier with MAXXBASS, a USB charge only port and a handlebar mount audio where you can easily control the volume of your audio device using just your thumb.
- These speakers are water resistant, but they can only withstand so much water. So, if you want to make them last longer, it’s best to invest in a windshield or any protective covering to keep them from any damages during the rainy season.
- You can easily connect your mobile device with the speaker system through Bluetooth. This saves you the hassle and risks of connecting using wires.
4. Hoppe Industries Stereo Fairing Rd. King Hc HDF-RK-QZ-HC
Another one of the pricier options from Hoppe Industries, this stereo fairing speaker system was designed specifically for classic motorcycle models like the Harley Davidson FLHR and FLHRC, and the Road King Classic.
What you’re getting:
- This stereo speaker system is classically styled to deliver the best quality sound. Its body is made from fiberglass, which is a lot stronger than ABS plastic. It is also electrically insulated to prevent the device from overheating and it can withstand impact to protect the speakers from any damage.
- It comes with an antenna for listening to FM or AM but it’s concealed to keep your motorcycle’s clean look. It also has a CD and USB drive through a removable faceplate and dedicated slot.
- The system’s stereo already comes pre-assembled with the fairing and has marine-grade weather door to protect it from the elements. The stereo fairing also comes with a 12-inch windshield for extra protection.
5. Hoppe Industries Mediazilla Fairing
The most expensive on this list but definitely the most worthwhile, according to those who invested in it.
What you’re getting:
- This speaker system guarantees utmost comfort and excellent sound with its JBL Black Edition AM/FM radio with an amazing 180 wattage to let you tune in to any radio station with absolute clarity.
- It also comes with four 5-inche marine grade speakers that guarantee the most amazing sound no matter how loud your motorcycle pipes are or how fast you’re driving. There is also a 3.5mm mini-jack auxiliary to let you connect to audio devices and even use for motorcycle tracking devices and GPS units.
- You also get a USB port for additional connectivity and two 12V sockets to allow you to charge different accessories while on the road.
- The speaker system comes with a 12-inch windshield to protect the device from the elements, but you can detach it any time you want to. It also has a pullout drawer that conceals all the input and USB plug cords and a waterproof drawer where you can keep electronic devices safe and dry.
Motorcycle Speaker FAQ
Whether it’s your first time to buy speakers for your motorcycle or you’re upgrading your existing audio system for a better one, it would help to answer some of the most common questions you might have in your mind first.
Can you even hear motorcycle speakers?
This is a common irony for people buying speakers because even the quietest motorcycle still makes significant noise when driven because of the sound of the engine, wind, and road noise.
The truth is, a lot of factors come into play when it comes to being able to hear your speakers or not.
For one, you need to find a speaker powerful enough to produce sound beyond your motorcycle’s noise. If you own a huge bike that roars loudly, you’ll need powerful speakers to match its sound.
You also need to think about your helmet because if you’re wearing a full-faced model, you’ll most likely not hear much from your speakers even if they’re the best in the market.
Who makes the best motorcycle speakers?
It’s not hard to find manufacturers that create some of the best motorcycle speaker systems today. But more than the brand and model, you have to think about the features that you need in your speakers.
You also need to consider the compatibility of your speakers to your motorcycle model because some products are built for specific types of bikes.
Are motorcycle speakers waterproof?
A lot of motorcycle speakers are marine-grade, which means that they’re already waterproof.
Although they cost a little more than the typical fairing speaker systems, you don’t have to spend more money on waterproofing them.
But if you already have existing speakers, you can invest in a windshield and front fairing to protect them from the elements.
How do you wire motorcycle speakers?
Different speakers come with their own ways to be wired to your motorcycle. If you don’t know how to get started, you can read the manual that comes with your speakers to know exactly what to do.
Check if the kit is complete and follow the installation steps.
Depending on the type of speaker system that you invest on, you may need to attach the cone inserts into their fairing before you mount the cones.
Some speakers are also mounted directly on the handlebars using the fasteners, bolts or nuts that come with the kit.
You also need to mount the amplifier and connect all the necessary wires following the diagram given on your instruction manual.
Choosing the Best Fairing Speakers
Here’s the thing; installing a fairing speaker system on a motorcycle is a lot different than upgrading the audio system in your car or home.
For one, a motorcycle doesn’t give you the luxury of storage, so you have to consider carefully where to put your speakers.
Like most parts of your motorcycle, your speakers and its electronic components will be exposed to the elements most of the time and of course, there is the challenge of dealing with the noise of riding your motorcycle since you’re literally sitting on top of its engine.
Adding a good fairing speaker system is a great investment, however, because of how it can add another level of excitement to your driving experience.
To choose the right motorcycle fairing speakers, you have to address the common challenges of adding an audio system on a motorcycle while ensuring that you get the best quality speakers.
1. Speaker Wattage is Important
The first thing that you have to consider when buying speakers for your motorcycle is wattage, especially if you have a loud bike.
The rule here is that if your speakers have lower wattage, they will also be less powerful, which means that if your motorcycle is loud and your speaker wattage is low, there’s a good chance that you won’t hear any music playing while you’re driving.
To address that issue, you need to consider your type of motorcycle and the area where you’re mostly driving. If you live in a quieter area and you have a quiet motorcycle, then you’ll do just fine with an average wattage fairing speaker system.
But if you own a big bike that roars like a tiger or you’re mostly driving in highways and noisy areas, then you might want to go with higher wattage speakers.
2. Think about Compatibility
Like choosing an audio system for your car, you need to consider compatibility when buying a fairing speaker system for your motorcycle.
For one, you have to think about the size of the speakers and where they would be mounted on your motorcycle.
If you own an average-sized bike, then you should go with speakers that are not too big, or they’ll look out of place and inappropriate for your motorcycle.
3. Invest in Quality
Your motorcycle fairing speakers will be unlike your other audio systems because they will be exposed to the elements more often. This is why it pays to really invest in quality even if it means that you have to pay a bit more.
Think about the materials used on the product, the way it was manufactured and what warranties you can get from it. Investing in a good brand is one of the best ways to ensure that you’ll get what you paid for.
This page shows that there are available options out there no matter what budget you’re working with.
But at the end of the day, price isn’t the only factor to consider when you’re investing in good quality motorcycle fairing speakers.
You also need to think about your type of ride, the features that you’d like to have for your speakers and the style that you want for them.